Location: Flexible within the UK with the ability to travel to London for team, candidate and client meetings as well as industry events on a regular basis.
Cygnet is a boutique search firm founded in 2020 by our parent company Swann Group to support our mining and natural resources clients with agile, effective staffing solutions for global project and operational site leadership teams to a carefully selected number of clients we partnered with.
After over two successful years building the new brand and winning market share in a competitive market through the pandemic, we’re ready to grow our EMEA team.
Our key goal for the next 12 months is to establish EMEA as our Global Recruitment Centre of Excellence to support future expansion worldwide, and we’re looking for ambitious and entrepreneurial Search Consultants to work in this international and dynamic market where you’ll be dealing with multi-cultural candidates and clients around the world.
You are great at:
- Communicating effectively, building rapport and trust with your candidates, clients and colleagues.
- Successfully delivering on retained search projects, prioritising and planning effectively to meet tight deadlines
- Organisation and attention to detail
- Establishing effective systems and processes
- Operating in a fluid environment with a high degree of autonomy and self-initiative
Your responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with members of team to ensure successful executive search, consulting/advisory and research outcomes for clients
- Undertaking professional search/consulting activities, either independently or under the guidance of the Director, as appropriate.
- Building a world class database
- Taking detailed briefs from clients, advising them where necessary on the executive search process
- Maintaining regular communication with clients and candidates, providing timely reports, and offering advice, guidance and feedback in a consultative manner
- Maintaining Cygnet’s database with complete and up-to-date information on assignments
- Preparing and executing search strategies
- Interacting with industry sources and the wider Cygnet and Swann networks
- Collaborating with other members of Cygnet and Swann’s global team, seeking their advice and input
- Conducting in-depth interviews and collaborating with the wider Swann’s technical experts where required
- Preparing professional reports on candidates for our clients
- Liaising with our clients to arrange client interviews, site visits, psychometric testing etc.
- Obtaining reference checks as required and offer post placement care for client and candidate
- Identifying leads and supporting ongoing Business Development activities
- Attending industry events to engage in networking and to showcase the Cygnet and Swann brand
- Working independently to improve industry knowledge and share this with team members both locally and globally.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Two or or more years of recruitment, executive search or other customer service experience (e.g., hospitality, estate agency etc).
- Previous experience of preparing written reports to an exceptional standard
- Knowledge of the natural resources, energy, construction or infrastructure sectors would be advantageous
- Fluency in French and/or Spanish would be highly advantageous
The candidate will demonstrate the following attributes:
- Mature, or demonstrates professional maturity, credible and comfortable interacting with clients and other external stakeholders
- Extremely organised, demonstrating an ability to multi-task and prioritise multiple complex tasks
- Articulate and well-presented, with a highly professional demeanour
- An exceptional level of professional adaptability
- A ‘can-do’ attitude and efficient in the face of a high workload
- A keen aptitude for learning new skills and developing industry knowledge
- Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment on a global scale
- Able to operate in a highly collaborative manner
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From £30,000 per year
- Additional leave
- Sick pay
- Wellness programmes
- Work from home/Hybrid working
- Bonus scheme
Ability to commute/relocate: Greater London: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Recruiting: 2 years (preferred)
- Customer service: 2 years (preferred)
Please complete the form below. If we think you’ll be a good fit for the Swann Group, we’ll be in touch to arrange an initial informal chat with a member of our recruitment team.